Re: Applications processed + future renewals

Le Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:59:25 -0500, Eric Baudais a ecrit :

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 04:56:42PM +0100, Ghee Teo wrote:

[all the tables used]

Couldn't we merge these two tables ?

 +-------------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
 | Field             | Type    | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
 +-------------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
 | relation_id       | int(11) |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
 | related_assign_id | int(11) |      |     | 0       |                |
 | related_member_id | int(11) |      |     | 0       |                |
 +-------------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

 +-------------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
 | Field             | Type    | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
 +-------------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
 | relation_id       | int(11) |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
 | related_result_id | int(11) |      |     | 0       |                |
 | related_member_id | int(11) |      |     | 0       |                |
 +-------------------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

Apart of this, it seems really nice. I like it.

The suggestion of having a separate applications table depends on what
information is going to be entered in the table.  If the application
table is supposed to contain the application from the web form then it
makes sense.  However if the application table will just duplicate
most of the information in the member's table then it doesn't.  You
would be duplicating the same information in two different tables.

I'd like to have an "application" table with alle the informations in an
application so we could point the last application of a member. Might
be useful. This way we could see the application online and just click
to say accept or deny...

I'd like to migrate to the database soon, but we should really test the
thing before. What has to be done before we can test it ?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.