Application received from Danilo Segan (dsegan gmx net)

Name: Danilo Segan
E-mail: dsegan gmx net
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): danilo
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): danilo

Detailed description:
I've taken over as a Serbian translation coordinator since early April 2003, and Serbian is already one of
the best supported languages in Gnome (100% for core, 81% for complete Gnome CVS). Prior to that, Serbian
language had around 700 strings translated -- compared to 46k now (many folks have helped, of course).

When I started doing the translations, I was even a Gnome "hacker" number one according to the number of CVS
commits (one of the news reports on developer.gnome.org/news/)! Yay to me.

In the mean time, I've came across numerous i18n issues, and I might be known to some as quite "annoying"
when it comes to certain issues ;-)

I've also provided a couple of trivial bugfixes for different modules in Gnome CVS, most of them regarding
i18n, string issues. And I corrected one use of Gnome About dialog :-) I even fixed one POTFILES.in file in
evolution HEAD when I didn't realize evolution has branched for stable releases (though, it was still a bug).

Recently, I've commited a bunch of Belarusian translations for other translators (not even from my team).
Also, fixed some ChangeLog's which someone broke  (messed up the UTF-8 encoding) in Gimp.

Atm, I'm trying to get the release-team to read the translation statistics for core modules on a weekly
basis, though, gnome-i18n and desktop-devel-list will go through that too.

Lately (in the last month), I also hang around Gimpnet in #i18n and #gnome channels, helping novices, and
pestering advanced folks.

Contacts:
Christian Rose (menthos menthos com) ("in charge of" Gnome I18N [at least that was my perception], Swedish
translator); Translation stats at http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/sr/index.html;
Just visit cvs.gnome.org, and egrep for 'Danilo [S?]egan'

I could also add "history" to this -- I've used Gnome prior to 1.0 releases, though, I didn't involve in the
community at that time.

As for popularizing Gnome in Serbia, I've even sent a couple (4 or 5) free CD's (with free shipping) that
included everything needed for compiling Garnome (basically, CD's could be used as GARCHIVE's). I'm planning
to do a similar task now but this time with translations.

(Oh yes, I also tend to write too long messages; I hope anyone who reads it won't allow personal feelings to
get in the way of accepting me to the Gnome Foundation :-).

[Application received at Mon Aug 18 21:50:54 2003 (Eastern time)]