Confusing instructions for voting

Parts of the instructions for voting seem to contradict each other,
and I was not completely sure what to do.

    Simply replying to this e-mail and choosing up to 11 candidates should
    be enough to vote. This means that you should delete all other
    candidates from your reply.

"Simply replying" means I start with an empty message body and enter
the response I want to send.  However, the words "delete all other
candidates" seem to suggest I am starting from something that is not
empty.

This text, two lines later, also seems to assume that:

    You will find a validation token in this mail. This token is used to
    identify you (and only you). For this reason, this token should not be
    modified nor deleted.

The token was in your message, but this text seems to assume that the
token got into my reply somehow.

As a result of this, I am not sure what I am supposed to do.
I made the guess that you want me to copy the ballot message
into my response and edit it.

I think it would be useful to make this explicit in the instructions.