disable "tabs" in meld window

Hello,

when meld opens new window, it actually shows a tab (similar to browser
tab). Presumably, if other instance is opened this will open second tab
in existing window, instead of second window. Same as with browsers.

Is it possible to disable this functionality?

First of all, the tab menu bar takes up valuable real estate. When
diffing complicated files, every pixel is useful.

Second, I personally find tabs very confusing. If I open second meld
instance, this should be completely independent of any other instance
that might be running, and I should be able to move the window to other
virtual desktop, if I want to.

Anyway, can I hide the tab bar completely?
Ideally, i would like to disable this functionality completely.

If this is not possible with a simple configuration stetting, could
somebody please suggest where in the source code this can be disabled ?

I am using meld 3.20.0 on Debian Buster.

thank you