Slow startup under Windows10

I have been using meld for directory-wise file merging and comparison under linux for sometime,
and it has proven to be very useful.

Thank you for making the great tool widely available.

Lately, however, I needed to compare and merge files that are shared across a few linux AND Windows machines.

Initially, I used WebMerge for merging files under windows, but I said to myself, "Why not meld under windows?"
and I did.
Well, it was usable but with a bit of annoying behavior.

The startup of meld is very slow under windows.

After I click the meld icon in startup menu, it takes almost a dozen second or so on this otherwise relatively fast machine.
It starts so slow to my bewilderment.
And the pointer does not change shape during the time, so I thought my mouse click was somehow unrecognized and so I clicked it additionally. What happens is that after a dozen second or so, multiple meld windows show up. Ouch...

After searching, I found that a similar observation was made almost four years ago, but no definite solution was found.

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/meld-list/2016-March/msg00017.html
Re:Very slow Windows startup

Does anyone have an idea? Are there dlls under windows that do not get cached for some reason?

Oh well, I said that a few meld windows showed up (almost simultaneously) if I clicked MELD icon additionally without realizing that the first click initiated the loading of meld.
Well, I had a theory and tried it.

The following is a bit annoying workaround and I am not even sure if this solves the slow startup time if MELD is invoked from another program like some frontend for GIT or SVN.

But someone annoyed by the slow startup can try this.
1. Start a meld instance without specifying any file/dir parameters. Wait patiently for 10-20 seconds YMMV. 2. Without doing anything, minimize this first instance of MELD. (Iconify, that is).

3. Now try starting MELD using the startup ICON.
   Somehow under my windows10 setup, this seems to invoke another meld instance afresh.
   This second meld instance starts in a second or two(!) Very quick.
   (If your windows MELD setup tries to use the first instance of meld, this workaround is not possible.)

You can work in this second instance and then quit. (But don't quit the first instance iconified in the
step 2 above.)

This superficially works around the slow startup time of meld for my current usage,
but I wish the real cause of the slow startup is identified and fixed.

TIA.

Chiaki