Re: Running meld as administrator

On 10 May 2018 at 12:07, Andrew via meld-list <meld-list gnome org> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to use 'meld' to compare some files kept in /etc folder.

However, I am having problems because I do not have the necessary
permission.

Please can you advise the best way for me to use 'meld' in this and similar
folders.

I have been told to use kdesu meld. I am not sure if this command is still
available to me, or the advisability of its use.

I am using 'meld' under manjaro (Plasma: KDE)

I'm sorry, but running Meld as the administrator isn't supported. If
you want to compare files from /etc, I suggesting copying them into
your home folder somewhere and comparing them from there.

cheers,
Kai