Re: File filters for version control view?

Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. Meld already
has filter buttons for unversioned files vs. ignored files, which
represent (I think) exactly what you're describing. However, that's a
matter of what the version control system sees as being ignored. The
original request in the thread was for an additional layer of
text-based filtering in version control view that matches what we
currently have in folder comparison.

I've done a bit more digging.  By adding the file names that I want
hidden to the global-ignores list in the subversion config file
(.subversion/config, in Linux), I get the behaviour I want.  Those
files don't appear when I do "svn status"; they aren't included in
a commit; they don't show up in meld.

So that solves my problem without any changes to meld.  On the
other hand, if meld were to add a nice GUI for me to manage that
config item, it would be a nice thing.  :-)

Joel