Re: Myriad(!) python tasks open during directory compare.

On 6 August 2018 at 10:30, Doug via meld-list <meld-list gnome org> wrote:
HI!

So I was happily melding a new ESP2866 library, comparing it to an older
one, when my machine ground to a halt.

Turns out there were ~35 python3 tasks running, each with 1-3 GB of VM,
one for each file I had compared. None of them closed until I closed meld.

Is that the expected behavior?

Meld 3.18.0.  Linux Mint, current-ish.  I like meld!

If you update to the most recent 3.18 (currently 3.18.2) then this
should be fixed.

Also, is it possible to search the meld-list archives?  I tried to
search before posting but got all of gnome.

Yeah I don't think you can, really... but you can get close-ish with
e.g., "site:mail.gnome.org meld" on Google or equivalent.

cheers,
Kai