Myriad(!) python tasks open during directory compare.

HI!

So I was happily melding a new ESP2866 library, comparing it to an older
one, when my machine ground to a halt.

Turns out there were ~35 python3 tasks running, each with 1-3 GB of VM,
one for each file I had compared. None of them closed until I closed meld.

Is that the expected behavior?

Meld 3.18.0.  Linux Mint, current-ish.  I like meld!

Also, is it possible to search the meld-list archives?  I tried to
search before posting but got all of gnome.

Thanks, Doug