Feature Suggestions

Hi there.  I just downloaded Meld, and I have to say, it looks and works very nice, and I appreciate all the work that went into it.  I have a major feature suggestion for the file merge though:

You should be able to cut/paste/edit the path of the files you are comparing.   My problem is that I usually compare files from different branches of code, where only the top directory name changes.   So, for example, I might want to compare //home/john/workspace1/product1/release43/drivers/char/foo/foo.c with //home/john/workspace2/product1/release43/drivers/char/foo/foo.c.   The problem is that currently to do that, I have to select my first file, and then go all the way back to my root, and renavigate the entire tree to get my second file.   This is not overly convenient.   If I could edit the path and just change the one directory, it would be much faster.

On a more minor note, a would be nice:

Allow an auto-reload option.   The file merge window can detect if a file has changed, and if so it asks if you want to reload or hide.   It would be nice to have a third button, auto-reload, which would mean that every time it detects that the file has changed, it automatically reloads without prompting.   Having it remember the line number the cursor was on, after reload would also be nice for this feature.   (again, for justification: I do my editing in source insight.   I often want to see what’s changed.   However, if I modify a file outside of source insight, source insight looses all it’s bookmarks, etc.   So I often have Source Insight open on one screen, and Meld on the other, but I make all the changes in SI…).