Re: Using external tool for comparison or display *diff file as 2 files

On 24 July 2017 at 21:02, standa mitrega <standa31415 gmail com> wrote:
Hi all

I was trying to find out in history but without success.

Is it possible to use for comparison of text files external tool? For
example 'git diff'  ? From some tests I made comparison made by git diff
--patiance is better that build-in algorithm in meld. Is it possible to use
external tool?

No, Meld doesn't support using an external diff tool, and I doubt it's
the kind of thing we'd want to support. It would essentially mean
adding diff parsing and other moderately complex code, and I'm not
convinced that it would be worth the complexity.

Is it possible to display just single *diff file as comparison of 2 files?
It is possible to generate diff file that contain full content of compared
files. So idea is to generate this diff file using external tool and use
meld to visualize differencies. Would it be possible? I am awware that in
this case "files" displayed in panes would not be editable.
Kompare supports this.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here. This sounds like
the same thing as your first request?

cheers,
Kai