Re: Additional matchers in 3.17.3 not in git

On 15 August 2017 at 21:24, Hoshpak <mailinglist pozimski eu> wrote:
While trying to update the Void Linux package of meld to 3.17.3, I
encountered the following error:

*** Error compiling
'usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/meld/matchers/myerspycmp.py'...
Sorry: IndentationError: unexpected indent (myerspycmp.py, line 61)

I might add that the compilation is done by a hook of the package
manager in this case which byte-compiles python code automatically while
installing a package. The indentation in this file seems to be wrong
indeed. However after looking around a bit, I wonder where it comes from.

I couldn't find it in any branch of the git repository and it wasn't
present in the 3.17.2 tarball. The files in git master and 3.17.2 are:

__init__.py  diffutil.py  helpers.py  merge.py  myers.py

While the 3.17.3 tarball includes:

__init__.py  diffutil.py  helpers.py  merge.py  myers.py  myerspy.py
myerspycmp.py

in the matchers directory. It seems to me that these two additional
files come from somewhere outside git (local changes not committed or
branch not pushed) or have been added to the tarball by mistake.

You're absolutely correct, that's what happened. Thanks for noticing
and bringing it up.

I've just released 3.17.4 without those files.

cheers,
Kai