Re: how to eliminate the last manual step in order to run Meld to automatically merge files .

On 8 June 2016 at 07:14,  <Jack Yuan infineon com> wrote:
Dear Meld users and developers,

I am a new user of Meld, and very interested in using it. Here I have a
question,

I’d like to create a script to run Meld to  automatically merge files by
using --auto-merge  option, but it still pop up the GUI to require me to
click the save button.

Would you please advise me a way of eliminate the last manual step? So that
the script can be done complete  automatically  .

If I understand what you want, you can't do this with Meld without
hacking the source.

However, I'd suggest that Meld is probably not the best tool here; our
merge algorithm is okay, but really you'd be better off using an
actual VC tool to do your merges. Maybe check out `git merge-file`,
which I think does what you want.

cheers,
Kai