File compare has slowed drastically?

It seems like the time it takes meld to compare files has recently
increased drastically (around 10X).  I _think_ it happed starting with
3.16.0.  It used to take 2-3 seconds to run a diff on a 5000-line
source file, and now it takes 20-30 seconds.

Did I break my installation, or is this a known "feature"?

[AMD64 Gentoo Linux]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Are we on STRIKE yet?
                                  at