Full file paths in comparison window

I know full file paths have has been brought up before but I think it is import and there should be a reasonably simple solution. If the widget at the top of the text window doesn't allow this why not just add the full file spec's under each window in the status bar. Most of the status bar is wasted real-estate as far as I can see. Now why do I think it's import ? It's a file comparison tool which normally means comparing and editing files with the same name, being able to quickly make sure you edit the correct one is vital. In fact it's so import as far as I am concerned I will only use the old Meld and when that stops working will look for
a new program if the new version still doesn't have that feature.

Thanks
Royce