Re: Full file/directory path

Kai Willadsen a écrit :
On 7 January 2016 at 14:29, andré <andr55 laposte net> wrote:
Kai Willadsen a écrit :

On 6 January 2016 at 16:58, Sky Diver <skydivergm gmail com> wrote:

Hello Kai,

Could you please address this issue?

I have a few times in the past, but sure.

The old file chooser was the libgnomeui GnomeFileEntry, which was
deprecated in *2004*, in favour of GtkFileChooserButton. We carried
our own bad reimplementation of its behaviour for years, and I have no
intention of bringing back either that implementation or that UI.

But why is the similar file chooser still inside the directory comparison
not used ?
Unable to modify the file chosen to accelerate selection makes selection in
many cases very awkward.  Also, it eliminates cut and paste and modify to
more quickly select the comparison.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The file and directory
comparison selectors are exactly the same widget, just that one is set
to select folders.

Sorry, my error.
The second level comparison has now been changed as well.

In at least one version of Meld on my distro (Mageia), this second level was still unchanged after the first level comparison was changed. My distro doesn't usually update major versions of packages between releases, which are about every 9 months.

I hadn't notice the second level had changed, since I almost always use a 1.x version of Meld since being able to edit (or directly enter) the file/directory chosen is extremely useful in my usual comparisons.

Also, there's the Ctrl+L shortcut in the GtkFileChooserDialog to edit
the path you're selecting, though best I know there's no way to have
that appear by default.

I tried ctrl+L, and it didn't work for me.
Be nice if I could get that to work. Then I could use some of the new features you introduced, a plus for some of my comparisons.

I should do a little experimenting. My (lack of) python and gtk skills leaves a lot to be desired.

BTW, the side by side fields for selecting the paths,
under the file/directory/version_control buttons,
is somewhat confusing, since it seems to imply that each path is associated with the button above.
Vertically stacking the path fields would remove this confusion.

Thanks for the feedback.

cheers,
Kai

regards