Re: Context Menu Feature Request

The first thing that pops to my minds is: write a wrapper app that manages remembered folders, then calls meld w/ the appropriate arguments

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Matt Anderson <mpanderson06 gmail com> wrote:

I’m new to Meld and have tried to search for this and have not found anything.  If this has already been requested and I missed it, I apologize.

I have used SourceGear DiffMerge for a while now and have grown rather fond of the context menu they have in Windows.

This lets the user open the file or folder in DiffMerge, but what I use this for is to Remember Folder for my first folder.

Then for the second folder I use the new context menu that pops up to compare the second folder with the remembered folder.  This does get a bit tedious with the multiple levels of contextual folders, but it does give good flexibility.  The remembered files and folders are stored in “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\SourceGear DiffMerge\ShellExtension”.  The problem they have is the remembered files and folders never get deleted so I have a batch file that runs as a scheduled task to delete this folder and recreates it to clear all entries.

Something like this would be really nice to have as a part of Meld.  Even if what would happen from the Windows context menu was to bring up the UI and let the user select whether to do a diff or a 3 way merge and choose the other options needed.

Matt