Re: what about adding an option to rename a file by right-clicking on it and/or using F2

On 4 August 2016 at 07:26, Dimitri Komatitsch
<komatitsch lma cnrs-mrs fr> wrote:

Hi all,

Congratulations for meldmerge, which is great and extremely useful.

What about adding an option to rename a file by right-clicking on it to open
a menu and/or using F2?

I have noticed that many times when we use it here to compare directories a
file name in the directory may have slightly changed (for instance changing
a letter from lower case to capital or similar) and then meld cannot compare
them, I need to exit, rename the file and restart meld. Having a way of
hitting F2 or right-clicking to rename the file would thus be very useful.

If that option already exists please let me know; I have downloaded the
latest stable release and have not seen it but let me know if there is a way
of renaming.

There's no way to do this within Meld at the moment. You also don't
need to quite and restart Meld after doing an external rename though;
you can just refresh the comparison.

However, I can see how this could be useful. Could you please file a
bug report? (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=meld)

cheers,
Kai