Re: Supported version control systems

On 20 April 2015 at 07:03, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've just pushed a new "VersionControlRework" branch that I hope to merge
after 3.14 that makes some significant changes to the old version control
plugin structure and API. To make this rework manageable for myself, I've
unfortunately had to remove support for several existing version control
systems. Specifically, the following version control systems are no longer
supported in that branch:

 * CVS
 * darcs
 * fossil
 * monotone
 * SVK
 * Subversion < 1.7

I would love to re-add support for any of these, but I'm not very likely to
do any of these myself. If anyone uses these version control systems and is
interested in updating the version control plugins for the new API, then
please either file a bug report with a patch, or email the list.

If you'd like some guidance, or don't know where to start, please feel free
to email me with questions. For several of these systems, the existing code
in the current master branch will be a good guide as to what needs to be
done, and the main task to do is update to the current API (and hassle me
when it's not clear what the API is supposed to be).

This branch has now been merged to master. Again, if anyone would like
to work at bringing back support for any of the above version control
systems, I'm happy to provide guidance.

cheers,
Kai