Re: Meld 3.13.0

On 11 January 2015 at 19:50, Gilboa Davara <gilboad gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Gilboa Davara <gilboad gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 31 December 2014 at 16:37, Gilboa Davara <gilboad gmail com> wrote:
3.13 throws an exception when trying to open single-file diff view.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/vcview.py", line 504, in
on_row_activated
    self.run_diff(path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/vcview.py", line 548, in
run_diff
    comp_path = self.vc.get_path_for_repo_file(path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/vc/svn_17.py", line 49, in
get_path_for_repo_file
    raise _vc.InvalidVCPath(self, path, "Path not in repository")
meld.vc._vc.InvalidVCPath: Subversion 1.7: Path /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/ is
invalid or not present
Error: Path not in repository

Switching back to 3.12.3 solves the problem.

That's a new one. I think the only change that could affect this is
that we resolve symlinks when searching for a repository root in
3.13.0. Does that sound like it could be a problem you're hitting
here?

If it's not too much hassle, you could try reverting the following
patch and seeing whether that fixes your issue.
    https://git.gnome.org/browse/meld/commit/?id=30b129b3dc4d5b5750ed87ab24f35c43b68d0488

cheers,
Kai

Reverting this patch seems to solve the problem.

- Gilboa

Kai,

Should the Fedora meld maintainers push 3.13 with the reverted commit?

Yes, for the moment I think that's the right thing to do.

I'll have a bit more of a look at this if I can, but I don't know that
I have the necessary details to reproduce. That original patch
partially fixed (i.e., it fixed the Meld side, but Subversion broke in
a different way) a case of symlinking a subtree of a repo outside the
repo, and invoking Meld from inside the symlinked dir.

Since the patch didn't fix the issue anyway, I'll almost certainly
just revert it. However, I'd still love to know why it's failing now.

cheers,
Kai