Re: Fwd: Full file/directory path

Karl, look for meld-installer at sourceforge. But no doubt it would be a blast to see this feature back in the main version.

On Dec 11, 2015 3:24 PM, "Karl Nunweiler" <karlnunweiler gmail com> wrote:
I'd really like to second that. I have a number of use cases for which this would be very useful. If the functionality is unlikely to be added in a future version, could someone inform me if/how it's possible to download v1.8.4 for Windows?

Many thanks,
Karl

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sky Diver <skydivergm gmail com>
Date: 11 December 2015 at 00:35
Subject: Full file/directory path
To: meld-list gnome org

Hi, I'll start by saying that meld is my #1 compare tool for many years and I'm a huge fan.

Now, v1.x used to show the comparison view's file/folder full path inside an editable text box. This was awesome for several reasons.
This functionality got degenerated in v3.x in favor of a non-editable drop-down control.
For me this such a 'deal breaker' that i'm still using v1.8.4.
My question is: Is there a configuration flag that will bring back the good ol' behaviour? If not, then what will it take to bring it back to life?

Thank you.