Middle scroll bar: get position from mouse instead of cursor?

I really like the feature in Meld where you can put your mouse over
the middle bar and scroll to navigate the differences. From what I
understand, currently meld figures out what the "next" difference is
based on the cursor position. I think this is reasonable, but I wonder
if for most users' workflows it would make more sense to figure out
the next difference based on the line that is closest to the mouse
position when the user initiates the diff-scroll.

For a use case, differences in my files are usually close together. So
there will be ten or so differences with a few lines of
non-differences in-between each of those ten; and then 200 lines later
there will be a similar cluster; and so on. I look at the differences
in the first cluster by navigating with normal scroll until I get to
the end of the cluster. Then my instinct is to use "diff-scroll" to
get to the next cluster, but because the mouse didn't move on normal
scroll, Meld takes me up instead of down, to the second difference in
the first cluster. All I need to do is remember to click before I
diff-scroll and it does what I want. I have trouble remembering this
though.

I'm fine with a 'wontfix' on this, but just wanted to check-in to see
if anyone else has thoughts. If this would be an OK feature request, I
can open a ticket.

As always, thank you very much for Meld! I use it everyday.

Best,

Scott