Re: Replacement for "merge non-conflicting"?

On 4 October 2014 10:37, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
So to be completely clear, *nothing* has changed in Meld here. We take
the files we're given by git.

The default meld mergetool looks to see if we support --output, and if
so it gives us LOCAL/BASE/REMOTE, with --output=MERGED. If we *don't*
support --output, it gives us LOCAL/MERGED/REMOTE, which is what
you're seeing.

Turns out GLib has broken GApplication command line handling. You can
confirm this is the problem you're seeing by running `meld --help` and
seeing no Meld-specific help.

I don't know when, how or whether I will be able to fix this. It's one
in the long, long line of things that have been broken by this
GTK/GLib release cycle.

As a workaround, you can change the git mergetool helper to not check
for --output and just always assume that it's there.

cheers,
Kai