GLib-GIO-ERROR - settings segfault on git

When running meld from a git clone of current HEAD (2ed4c90034111c78ee4423c7f265d10ddf0306a7)

It seems my box has issues with the settings schema:

[louis PsykarBox bin]$ python2 ./meld .
(meld:5151): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.meld' does not contain a key named 'vc-console-pane-position'
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
[louis PsykarBox bin]$

I've tried clearing out my dconf:

$ dconf reset -f /org/gnome/meld/

And verified it's gone, yet this persists.
Running without specifying a directory will start meld, but no comparisons can be opened.

I'm speculating that because I don't have meld installed system wide, the schema isn't installed? But I'm not entirely up with how schemas interact with dconf or anything :(
--
Louis