Re: Can't open preferences since 1a3cbe3c on an installed meld (local is fine)

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Scott Kostyshak
<skostysh princeton edu> wrote:
On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 12 May 2014 06:46, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh princeton edu> wrote:

Let me know if I can help with any testing if someone works on a fix.

I've pushed a change that should fix this, for a given definition of 'fix'.
On Ubuntu we now require a '/usr' prefixed install (the README instructions
have been updated), and we add in the necessary flag to get our Python
packages to somewhere on the path. We could improve our prefix-install
handling in the future, but I'm not going to get to that now.

I've tested this briefly, but... only briefly. If the /usr install still
fails for you with current git, please let me know.

Thanks, Kai. I will test this on a fresh install in a week or two.

Works well.

Thanks,

Scott