RE: compare code block(s)

I think that is more difficult to implement and would take (a lot?) more time to compare
(what would be the size of blocks to look for?).

With ref points could could do something like:

a                      b

*1*                   *3*
blk1                  blk2
*2*                   *4*
*3*                   *1*
blk2                  blk1
*4*                   *2*

*X*: reference points, added manually

How to visualize this is another problem;
I would suggest you need to select a code block (left or right)
and that the other side scrolls afterwards to be aligned

e.g.: select blk1 on the left:

a                      b

                        *3*
                        blk2