Re: specify preferred revision control

Hi Kai,
sure it is. I've never noticed it! Sorry :}

Thanks a lot for the work done!

Cheers,
Damjan

On 07. 02. 2014 10:51, Kai Willadsen wrote:
On 7 February 2014 18:41, Damjan Zemljič <zrubish gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
I don't know how to effectively check the topics discussed till now within
the mailing lists, therefore, please apologize and point me to the thread
covering that already.

The question / proposal:
I'm using meld mostly from command line (no arguments). It's great. But
recently, I'm forced to use SVN (remote repositories), but on the other
having GIT freedom at the same time on the same code worked upon would make
me even happier. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell meld which RCS
should prefer. I guess that shouldn't be too much effort to add it, or?

Maybe just to be explicit and clear of what I'd like to do:
svn co ... Foo
cd Foo
git init .
git add .

use git & meld doing smaller steps,
... satisfied with the results...

svn commit...

GIT and SVN can coexists on the same code without the problems. But only
command line is available, no fancy Meld tool.
If I understand correctly, this is already how Meld works. We have a
hard-coded preference order for VCSes, with distributed first, so Meld
should do what you want already? You can select which VC to use with
the drop-down in the top-right corner if the default selection isn't
what you wanted.

cheers,
Kai