Re: Dark grey text on black background in newer meld versions

On 31/12/14 21:39, Kai Willadsen wrote:
On 31 December 2014 at 19:36, Lee <iamadonut berlin com> wrote:
In meld versions >= 3.12.1, common text appears as dark grey text on a
black background.

http://i.imgur.com/Oqlhetb.png

This used to be more readable in previous versions. e.g. in 3.12.0,

http://i.imgur.com/1fIEs9r.png

In a new user account, or running meld as root with kdesudo, the text
looks good (although the theme is different).

http://i.stack.imgur.com/VZjbi.png

I've tried deleting files in my home directory that have either gtk or
meld in their names, but could not fix it. I also used strace to see
which files were sourced, but deleting these did not help either.

Can I fix text to make common lines more readable again? FWIW I asked on
stackexchange; there is more troubleshooting information there [1].

Cheers,
Lee

Arch Linux
KDE 4.14.3 (also seen in 4.14.2)
meld 3.12.2 (also seen in 3.12.1
gtk3 3.14.6 (also seen in 3.14.5)
This should be fixed in the just-released 3.12.3. If not, then please
let me know, since you'll be seeing a new issue. We've had... a few in
the GTK+ 3 port.

cheers,
Kai

Thanks for that! I downloaded 3.12.3, and that works fine. I was
initially confused because it worked in a new profile, suggesting that
perhaps a config file could fix it. On a related note, is there no way
to change the text colours in general?

Cheers,
Lee.