Re: Hold to install latest version of Meld on Ubuntu 10.04?

I'd suggest upgrading your version of Ubuntu but actually now is perfect timing for that because Ubuntu MATE just released 14.04 about a week or two ago. Ubuntu MATE is the MATE desktop environment on Ubuntu and the 14.04 release is the LTS.

MATE is essentially an updated version of GNOME 2 and GTK2 which is what Ubuntu 10.04 was using. This means that if you upgraded to Ubuntu MATE 14.04 LTS then your computer would still function exactly the same but also have up to date packages of most applications and support for the latest PPAs.

http://ubuntu-mate.org

Important Note: there isn't a direct update path from Ubuntu 10.04 to Ubuntu MATE 14.04 because they are quite different at the core, you will need to make backups of your files and backups of your home directory in order to ensure you don't lose any data.

--
Michael Tunnell
www.MichaelTunnell.com