Re: User issue

On 12 August 2014 22:16, Emanuel Jianu <ejianu gmail com> wrote:
Hi Kai,

Below is the output of `locale` for when I use default locale, LANG=en_US and LANG=en_US.UTF-8. Also including the warnings I get when starting Meld. Unfortunately there are no other apps using GTK on the machine and I cannot tell if Meld is the only tool behaving this way.

Sorry, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. There are plenty of fun errors there, but I can't really help you resolve them.

<snip>
/opt/csw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gobject/__init__.py:115: Warning: attempting to add an interface (GtkEditable) to class (HistoryFileEntry) after class_init
  type_register(cls, namespace.get('__gtype_name__'))

IIRC, this is an actual problem to do with a specific version of GLib, resolved in a minor update. It's been a while since I saw this, but either way it's not an actual problem with Meld.

Fontconfig error: "/etc/opt/csw/fontconfig/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix elementFontconfig error: "/etc/opt/csw/fontconfig/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/opt/csw/fontconfig/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number

This is almost certainly the actual cause of your glyph corruption. It's been a long, long time since I had to mess with fontconfig however, so I don't have any real suggestions.

cheers,
Kai