Re: Ignore first lines of a files

there nothing in regex to fear ... and now days, help is ubiquitous ... I (well, google) found this in 0.32 seconds :  http://regexone.com/

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Dennis Decoene <Dennis Decoene esc be> wrote:

Hello!

I’m using Meld for the first time to do a rather large merge (about 5000 text files) for a Microsoft Dynamics Nav upgrade.

So far I’m having a wonderfull time using meld. However, all the files start with a couple of lines I can safely ignore but meld of course notes the differences. If the could be left out of the comparison, I would not have to open each file only to find that only the lines in the ‘header’ have been updated, saving me a lot of time.

An example:

OBJECT Table 5075 Logged Segment

{

  OBJECT-PROPERTIES

  {

    Date=24/07/01;

    Time=12:00:00;

    Version List=NAVW13.01;

  }

  PROPERTIES

  {

    CaptionML=[ENU=Logged Segment;

               FRB=Segment journalis‚;

               NLB=Geregistreerd segment];

    LookupFormID=Form5139;

  }

  FIELDS

  {

(…. Continues)

You see, the lines ‘Date=…’, ‘Time=…’ and ‘Version List=…’ can be ignored, but how do you do that in Meld 1.8.5? I know i can with the tekst filters but cannot seem to find the right regex to do it (I’ve been struggling with regex for the past 20 years…)

Thank you for your help!

Dennis