Re: Opening Meld after MacPort install

On 21 April 2014 06:49, Alex <msg alex 2-mail com> wrote:
Hi Kai,

per your recommendation I installed MacPorts on OS X 10.6.8 and then used it to install Meld successfully. But how do you open Meld? Typing "meld" in Terminal only returns warnings and X11 opens without anything to show.

It's possible that I (or someone else on the list) may be able to help with those warnings.

I read your instructions in /meld-1.8.4/INSTALL but I don't know if these apply to Meld when installed by MacPorts. Could you please provide instructions in an easy-to-read fashion similar to these at http://kdenlive.org/download-mac?

As I don't have an OSX machine to actually test or develop on, I'm sorry but I really can't help here. As far as Meld is concerned, we're just trusting that MacPorts/Homebrew/whatever provide sensible packages that work.

I've thought about trying to create a Meld binary compiled with native GTK+ (I had one years ago) but it's a fair bit of work, and I don't have access to the hardware anyway. If anyone is interested in this as a project, please let me know, as I have a bit of the bundle setup sitting around already.

cheers,
Kai