New feature: add comparison to GUI

Hi,

Originally I had this feature request:

I like Meld, but one feature I miss (it's available in WinMerge but I use linux), is the possibility to have the left and/or right document being a blank sheet. On this blank sheet, I want to paste whatever text I have in the clipboard.

The workaround now, is creating temp files and open those in Meld. These extra steps are annoying.

But I just tried v1.8.1 and accidentilly found out one can start a 'File comparison' and immediately can click 'Blank Comparison' or 'Compare'. This GUI can be improved;

- when choosing file comparison, have file selectors for both the left and right pane (or middle in a 3-way comparison). Now there is just one file selector
- add, besides 'File comparison', 'Directory comparison' and 'Version control view', a new option 'Blank comparison' (promote this button to big button and always active).

I hope someone adds this feature.

Regards,

Mondane