FileChooser in 1.7.1

I run Arch Linux x86_64
Just updated to 1.7.1 and I see that GTK's filechooser now opens in the (to me) wholly useless and annoying 'Recently Used' pseudo folder rather than the previous behaviour of opening in $HOME or the last directory I opened a file in.

Is this a side-effect of having the MRU in the File menu? I can't believe it's deliberate as with the new MRU it's completely pointless having filechooser open in 'Recently Used'.

Pete
--
Peter Hardman