Re: Not able to invoke newly built meld 1.7.0

On 13 March 2013 20:21, Dilip S <dileepaha gmail com> wrote:
Hello team,

I recently installed meld 1.7.0 over RHEL5.
I built the following dependencies (and also its associated dependencies):
<snip>
Now, when I invoke meld, I get this error:

$ ./meld
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./meld", line 71, in <module>
    import meld.paths
ImportError: No module named meld.paths

Note: Even meld 1.7.1 gives the same error.

Can anybody help me to get around this problem?

How did you install Meld itself? That error means that Meld can't find
its own modules. Did you move the main bin/meld script, get rid of the
meld.doap file, or install it in any way other than make install?

The easiest way to try to get Meld working is to simply download,
unarchive, and run bin/meld. If that works, then something has gone
wrong in your previous installation.

Also, there was a small patch that went in straight after Meld 1.7.1
was released for better pygtk 2.16 compatibility, so you may want to
look at patching that.

cheers,
Kai