Re: 1.7.3. crashing for time to time (SVN)

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:

On 28 June 2013 00:44, Gilboa Davara <gilboad gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Chuck Tuffli <chuck tuffli net> wrote:
I suspect this is the same issue Kai fixed recently for me. Give a
directory structure like:

a/
  b/foo.c
  c/bar.c

meld would generate the error you mention if both foo.c and bar.c had
modifications. The fix (e79f5611799d0cd88e8ec630b699d9027503a45c I
think) in git fixed the problem I was seeing.

--chuck

I rather not pull git right now.

Kai,

Just to be certain: Should I simply comment out
self.vc.uncache_inventory() in _search_recursively_iter?

Chuck is right, this looks like exactly the same problem. So yeah,
that's what I'd try.

The behaviour this change fixes is that running a comparison in a
different subdirectory to the first comparison that's run, breaks.

cheers,
Kai

Seems to work just fine.
Thanks.

Should I contact the Fedora meld maintainer and get the fix applied to
the official package, or should I simply wait for 1.7.4?

- GIlboa