Re: How to Use Meld 1.7.3 with SVN?

On 27 June 2013 05:17, Jamie Jackson <jamiejaxon gmail com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I saw that 1.7.3  "Supports launching conflict comparisons from Subversion
(Louis des Landes)"

Unfortunately, I don't think that's documented anywhere. How do I get SVN
(v1.7.8) to launch conflict comparisons in Meld?

If you run Meld on the SVN directory to start a normal version control
comparison, conflicts will show up as usual. This change made it so
that when you compare conflicted files in Meld, we now do sensible
things.

If you're looking to launch the new conflict mode from the command
line, you can't (really) do that yet, or at least the results won't be
quite the same. You *can* (and have always been able to) setup up SVN
to launch a three-way comparison in Meld to resolve your conflicts,
but for that I'll have to defer to someone else.

(There are other SVN bugs in 1.7.3, as you can see from the mailing
list. Git HEAD is hopefully not too exciting right now, so feel free
to give that a shot as well.)

cheers,
Kai