Re: VC Testing

Wasn't entirely sure if you meant here by 'top level'

It's very basic, but I believe it covers every possible state for bzr files and directories.

Cheers,
Louis.

--
Louis

On 17 August 2013 07:27, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 14 August 2013 00:06, Louis des Landes <louis obsidian com au> wrote:
> While testing the bzr changes I've ended up putting together a small shell
> script which creates two repos, does a merge which results in a conflict,
> and makes various changes so I can view each possible file state in a folder
> VC view.
>
> It occurred to me there is no real testing around any of the VC stuff, and
> how we could best remedy this... I suspect manual testing is required, but
> having a similar shell script for other VCs could make it much
> easier/quicker - so perhaps these shell scripts should be added to the git
> repo?
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, please! I have a couple of similar scripts just for setting up
basic repos for testing, and they're extremely useful. This is also an
area where people can contribute if they don't know Python but are
familiar with a particular VC system. Scripts to get things into an
'interesting' state are always handy.

For now, I think a new top-level test folder with VC stuff in it would be fine.

cheers,
Kai