Re: conflict resolution in Meld

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Angel Ezquerra <angel ezquerra gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 22 April 2013 22:55, Adam Dingle <adam medovina org> wrote:
1. It seems strange to me that opening a conflicting file from Meld's source control view produces a different result than running git mergetool. Shouldn't these be exactly the same? Will they be?
It would be nice, but git mergetool stuff defaults are shipped by Git, and they've chosen to use BASE instead of MERGED. I'm starting to think that I'm the only person in the world who wants my conflicts pre-merged in there, so the Meld default may change in the future.
You are definitely not the only one. That is the default configuration for most merge tools that is used by mercurial. In fact the next version of mercurial change the order and naming of the merge panels to: local, merged, base, and will enable mercurial's "premerge" setting. We discussed enabling the --auto-merge option but there were backward compatibility concerns so for now that has not been done yet (although it is thought to be desirable).

I also prefer seeing MERGED in this situation, I think.  If this is controversial then it could conceivably be a Meld option, I suppose.

adam