Colours!

Hi all,

I've just pushed a branch of Meld that reworks our colour handling. In
the past, we (very inconsistently) took colours from the preferences.
This didn't work very well, and many colours were hard-coded besides.

The branch I've just pushed takes all colours from a gtkrc file. The
big advantage of this is that it allows theme authors (and
enthusiastic users) to tweak Meld's colour scheme to their liking. I'm
hoping that this will be a big plus for lovers of dark themes. Note
that directory and VC comparisons now use *blue* to indicate changed
files rather than red, which is now used for conflicts. This change
makes the meaning of colours consistent between folder, file and VC
comparisons.

If you regularly use a dark GTK theme, please try out this branch!

It will look just as bad at first, but tweaking the colours in
data/gtkrc should allow you to fix it better than you could
previously. If you find you can't make relevant changes, then please
let me know. Even better, if anyone wants to have a go at making this
work better out-of-the-box for dark themes, then please do.

This isn't the end of colour-related changes. Meld's default colours
will get a bit of a facelift soon, including a likely change to inline
highlighting (no more red-on-blue!) and some additional tweaks (see
bug 671275 for one set of possibilities).

cheers,
Kai