Mercurial support update

Mercurial users,

I've just committed a contributed rework of the mercurial subsystem to
use the CachedVC mechanism, which should speed things up nicely for
large repositories, but also might break things. I'd appreciate it if
you could grab a copy of current git (or if that's too much, just
apply the attached patch to Meld 1.6.0), test it out, and let me know
if you notice anything breaking.

cheers,
Kai