Re: Recent files is attempting to parse diff files as config files

On 18 December 2012 14:40, louis <louis obsidian com au> wrote:
> As below, code is current git HEAD
>
> A workaround is to just try / except the config.read(path), but I'm guessing
> there's some issue with the logic further up. Once it starts dealing with
> GTK recent file objects it's a little out of my depth.
>
> [louis@PsykarBox meld]$ meld
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/bin/meld", line 164, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/bin/meld", line 146, in main
>     import meld.meldapp
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/meld/meldapp.py", line 187, in
> <module>
>     app = MeldApp()
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/meld/meldapp.py", line 56, in __init__
>     self.recent_comparisons = recent.RecentFiles(sys.argv[0])
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/meld/recent.py", line 69, in __init__
>     self._update_recent_files()
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/meld/recent.py", line 180, in
> _update_recent_files
>     comp = self.read(uri)
>   File "/home/louis/bin/packages/meld/meld/recent.py", line 122, in read
>     config.read(path)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 305, in read
>     self._read(fp, filename)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 512, in _read
>     raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fpname, lineno, line)
> ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
> file: <filename>, line: 1
> '"""\n'
>
> <filename> is a file which was in a recently opened VC directory diff.
> `items` in _filter_items() is a full list of all files which were in this
> diff, in 'file:///<filename>' format.

I'm beyond lost as to how this could happen. Is this actually
installed from git, and with update-mime-database,
update-desktop-database (or whatever your distro equivalent is)
called? or is it run uninstalled?  (either case should work, but just
so I have a baseline understanding)

Basically, I can't see how anything other than a comparison file gets
into your recently-used list, unless there's something else adding
Meld-associated files to the recent DB.

Could I ask you to create a bug, run meld/recent.py itself from the
checkout, and add the output of that to the bug?

cheers,
Kai