Re: help with VC state missing vs. removed questions

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
>> If so, should files in STATE_MISSING show up in the
>> VC browser? I've played with Mercurial and Git, and they don't seem to
>> display files in STATE_MISSING either.
>
> Actually, Git doesn't even using MISSING at the moment; I think we'd
> need to differentiate between WC and index to do that, and we don't do
> any of that yet. Currently, any deleted/missing file is set to

Yup, I noticed that too (note I'm not looking to change git support,
just using it as a reference).

> REMOVED, and we definitely show those. In fact, I'd certainly expect
> that anything with MISSING set should show up under the "modified
> files" filter.

As an experiment, I change my code to use the REMOVED state for both
conditions, and the files show up in the view. But with state MISSING,
they don't even show up as modified. Something similar may be
happening with Mercurial. If I do:

[1999] hg init modified
[2000] cd modified
[2001] touch foo bar