Re: help with VC state missing vs. removed questions

On 6 December 2012 05:06, Chuck Tuffli <chuck tuffli net> wrote:
> I'm adding support for a new VC, but have have a question regarding
> missing vs. removed. From looking at the comments in _vc.py, a file
> which is not present should be STATE_REMOVED if it was removed by the
> VC or STATE_MISSING if it was removed outside of the VC.
<snip>
> Is this correct?

Yup, that's about it. The idea is that REMOVED indicates that the file
was removed in the VC, and the VC knows about it. MISSING indicates
that a file that the VC thinks *should* be there, isn't.

> If so, should files in STATE_MISSING show up in the
> VC browser? I've played with Mercurial and Git, and they don't seem to
> display files in STATE_MISSING either.

Actually, Git doesn't even using MISSING at the moment; I think we'd
need to differentiate between WC and index to do that, and we don't do
any of that yet. Currently, any deleted/missing file is set to
REMOVED, and we definitely show those. In fact, I'd certainly expect
that anything with MISSING set should show up under the "modified
files" filter.

cheers,
Kai