From: Daniel Macks <dmacks netspace org>
To: "meld-list gnome org" <meld-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2011 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: Meld not working on Mac

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 15:12:36 -0700 (PDT), Anas Mughal  wrote:

Honestly, Meld is the best merge tool that I have used so far. Specially because it allows picking/merging modifications on a git project. Hopefully, Meld will be ported over to Mac in the near future.  Meld is a great product. I think the team should charge money for commercial licenses.

> For now, I installed Fink on my Mac OS and tried to run Meld under it. After all the trouble of setting up fink and resolving its quirks, I could not figure out why Meld was not seeing files in its open file dialog box. I will give another try today and try to change file permissions, etc.

Meld works for me on 10.6 under fink (configured as 32bit, I haven't tried other setups but I know others use it too). I'm the package-maintainer there. I usually run it from an xterm:

$ meld file1 file2

window opens with file1 in left pane and file2 in right pane.
dan

--
Daniel Macks
dmacks netspace org