Re: Feature request: custom window layout for three way merge

Can you explain why this is better? It deviates pretty significantly
from the way Meld tries to show three-way differences.

The reason is that having three columns next to each other makes each column very narrow (unless you have a very large monitor) so I find it difficult to compare differences from LOCAL to REMOTE since I have to scroll right, especially if I have long lines of code.
Obviously this is only my impression, and I understand it deviates from the current way of displaying three way merge.