Re: Feature request: custom window layout for three way merge

On 12 October 2011 01:01, Marco Schincaglia <marcoschincaglia gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am a fan of meld and I use it as default merge tool for git.
> It would be nice if we could a custom window layout to better display the
> 'merge' window,
> see this picture to get an idea:
> http://kashfarooq.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/tortoisemerge_three_way_merge2.jpg
> Instead of three windows placed side by side, here the 'merge' window is on
> the bottom.

Can you explain why this is better? It deviates pretty significantly
from the way Meld tries to show three-way differences.

I have several ideas about how to make our merging experience better -
in particular with utilising common-ancestor information - but they're
all significant chunks of work, and are awaiting a correspondingly
significant chunk of time.

cheers,
Kai