Re: Meld problem

On 10 May 2011 05:48,  <citibob comcast net> wrote:

> Invoking 'patch' failed.
>
> Maybe you don't have 'GNU patch' installed,
> or you use an untested version of Subversion.
>
> Please send email bug report to:
> meld-list gnome org
>
> Containing the following information:
>
> - meld version: '1.3.0'
> - source control software type: 'Subversion'
> - source control software version: 'X.Y.Z'
>
> svn --version
> svn, version 1.6.5 (r38866)
>   compiled Sep 19 2009, 11:02:00
>

> - the output of 'svn diff somefile.txt'
> (Sorry, that's proprietary)
>
> - patch command: 'patch --strip=0 --reverse --directory=/tmp/tmphAoxa8-meld'
>
> patch --version
> patch 2.5.4
> Copyright 1984-1988 Larry Wall
> Copyright 1989-1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is rapidly becoming a form letter. That dialog needs to be
replaced, though that won't stop reports from outdated versions of
Meld.

Anyway:

Unfortunately, 1.3.0 is really quite old at the moment, and the
subversion support has been updated several times since. Could you
please re-test with a recent version of Meld (ideally git HEAD) and
see whether the issue is reproducible? (You can just run Meld after
extracting the downloaded archive; no need to install or anything.)

We do have a couple of outstanding bugs with SVN support: keyword
expansion and svn:eol-style both cause us problems.

cheers,
Kai