Re: patch failed bug report

On 5 May 2011 15:08, Chuck Tuffli <ctuffli gmail com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I tried to run 'meld .' in a directory tracked by subversion and got
> the following error message
<snip>
> Containing the following information:
>
> - meld version: '1.3.0'
> - source control software type: 'Subversion'
<snip>
> 'svn diff' shows the correct unified diff of the changed file (Makefile)
>
> The patch command shown just hangs. The tmp directory it refers to
> does exist and contains 3 files: Makefile Makefile.orig Makefile.rej

Unfortunately, 1.3.0 is really quite old at the moment, and the
subversion support has been updated several times since. Could you
please re-test with a recent version of Meld (ideally git HEAD) and
see whether the issue is reproducible? (You can just run Meld after
extracting the downloaded archive; no need to install or anything.)

We do have a couple of outstanding bugs with SVN support: keyword
expansion and svn:eol-style both cause us problems.

cheers,
Kai