Re: diff export in meld?

On 19 July 2011 18:46, Nicolas JEAN <abo njean me> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to export the diff view of meld to
> some format? I was not able to find one with a quick look at the menus.
> It would be nice to be able to export to a nice-styled html page to see
> side-by-side diff, like for example on:
>    https://trac.fsfe.org/fsfe-web/changeset/20628/trunk/index.en.xhtml
>
> I'd be willing to implement this.

We don't have any way to do this currently. There's an open bug for
printing diffs, but I'm not sure how that should work, and I think
it's different anyway.

I'd be very interested in seeing some kind of HTML export like the
'side-by-side' version of the diff you pointed to, but using Meld's
style. I think we'd have to use constant-height blocks for the export
however; Meld's different-block-height display isn't going to work for
a static export.

cheers,
Kai